Did you know you can effectively replace almost every chemical cleaner in your household with distilled white vinegar? Though it might not smell as good as commercial cleaners, when you’re in a pinch, homemade solutions are the solution!
Here are three ways to make cleaners with products you probably already have at home:
1) Mix equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Attach the nozzle and shake briefly to combine them.
- This mixture works on windows, flooring and almost any other surface.
- Be sure to wipe it up in small, circular motions with a microfiber towel or sponge to avoid streaks.
Vinegar and water solutions eliminate dirt, soap scum, sticky spills and hard water deposits.
2) Add lemon juice to disinfect surfaces.
- Mix one part lemon juice, one part white vinegar and two parts water in a spray bottle.
- Replace the nozzle and give it a shake.
- Spray the solution on smooth surfaces you want to disinfect, such as in the kitchen or bathroom.
This mixture can typically eliminate 99% of bacteria from surfaces, making it ideal for sanitization.
3) Add dish soap for persistent stains on carpet.
- Add a teaspoon of mild dish soap to the spray bottle.
- Give it a shake, then spray it directly onto the stain.
- Allow it to soak for about two minutes, then gently blot at the spill with a clean towel or sponge.
Cleaning is an important part of maintaining a great space, because a tidy home is a happy home! From the windows to the wall, we hope these tips help make your dwelling as clean as can be.